Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's Liver-Lover, Boy!

In November 2009, I was diagnosed with hypertension stage 2; fatty liver and gallbladder polyp vs. cholesterolosis. I was sent home twice by our company doctor due to a blood pressure of around 180/120. I had abdominal ultrasound, lipid profile and other blood tests. My cardiologist also ordered an ECG just to rule out any heart ailment.

The results are shocking. My SGPT, SGOT and cholesterol levels are on high levels (but not high enough to suspect hep, I suppose). My gastro reassured me that despite the numbers, there’s nothing to worry about. He gave me Combizar, Norvasc and Lipanthyl and asked me to stay on medication until he tells me to stop, if ever he does.

Then in January 2010, I repeated the ultrasound and the blood chem. The SGPT and SGOT levels dropped a bit. Then about yesterday, I decided to repeat the tests. The levels dropped but my SGPT is still about twice the maximum level.

Our doctor said it’s okay as long as the numbers do not show an increase of 3 or 4 times. My blood pressure seems to be under control already.

About 4 hours from now, I am about to have another ultrasound test and I am really praying hard for the results to be favorable. I hope that there is nothing irreversibly wrong with my health.


View the original article here

No comments: